Saturday, September 8, 2007

Life Verse

The Quilting (XXI): Dry & Thirsty Land
Jan 2006
Mixed media on canvas
305x305x35mm

Dry & Thirsty Land detail

A series of events lead to this commissioned work for an Australian visitor to New Zealand. The title "Dry & Thirsty Land" references
Psalm 63:1...
O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;

This scripture was her "Life Verse". I did not find this out until later, when she was back in Sydney with the piece.

The only brief for the commission was that I prayerfully considered the work.

1 comment:

Cross Verse said...

I love your art work and I love the subject of life verses. They are each so personal. Mine is...

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

I also wanted to show you my website www.MyCrossVerse.com. I'm an artist living in Texas and I do custom Christian paintings for the good of His kingdom. Drop me a line and let me know what you think.

God Bless