Friday, April 13, 2007

Everybody needs a Jane!

The Quilting (XXV): Plans of Hope
Dec 2006
M
ixed media on canvas
Four pieces - 100x100x35mm each, unmounted

I have been working as an administrator for a few weeks...just a short-term contract to cover planned absence. It has been fun working alongside friends again. I had thought that my painting would continue on pretty much as normal...was I wrong! There is still time to paint, but the headspace is not there...

I've just had a call from Jane Blackmore, my TLC mentor. Perfect timing as she was able to discuss & laugh about the situation with me.

Everybody needs a Jane!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wooo this one is great! I love the texture work in it! Mixed media pieces are sooo much fun! I'm thinking of getting back into that. Anyhoo, wonderful work! Truely inspiring!
*HUGS*

Elizabeth Love (née Acheson) said...

Glad you liked the work, Angela.
It's hanging in the home of a friend. I have yet to see where she has it.

Anonymous said...

I would of hung it proudly as soon as I got it! It's a wonderful piece! I bet she has it somewhere and is gonna hang it soon. :)
*HUGS*